MacBooks, Books and a Bit of Kindness

Good Evening,
I'm writing this post from my super amazing new MacBook Pro :) I have officially joined the Apple trend, but I am so glad to have done so! My other laptop has served me well, and is now declining at an extreme rate; therefore, I am doing my best to remove all of the pictures (thousands) and songs (thousands) off before it bites the dust. I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend! I am planning to catch up on some work, do some reading, and possibly try out a few recipes! I have been craving some time spent cooking in the kitchen, but have been far to busy to do so. I'm trying to eat very clean and healthy, so I picked up a low-carb cookbook with some really yummy looking things in it..hopefully it will taste as good as it looks! I'll let you know how that turns out.

I've been reading this book by Malcom Gladwell, and so far it's been really great. It's all about how an idea spreads from being just a person's idea to a revolution. I'm quite impressed! 

I've spoken about the book Captivating by Staci and John Eldredge before, but I just wanted to mention it again as a friend and I are going to read it again at the same time and then set aside time each week to discuss the book's application to our own lives! I am really excited about this because it's one of my favorites, and I love talking literature with friends! Seriously, I am quite picky when it comes to what I read, but I truly believe that this book will expand your thinking and beautify your outlook on both life and yourself! It's a major winner in my book! 

Lyrical Inspriation: Changing the World by Mikes Chair
I was listening to this song a little earlier, and the words were just so perfect. It got me thinking about how we can do just a little thing that can in turn change the world. Sometimes it's not the huge contributions but the small acts of kindness without recognition that make a world of difference. I am going to take the challenge of doing one random act of kindness each day, and at the end of the week, I'll  give you a list of all the things I've done! (accountability is key to success!) Feel free to join me! Who knows, it just may become the 'tipping point' to start a kindness revolution! :)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Blessings and Kindness,

Candice


11 comments

Devea said...

Need to read that book, thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...

Interesting book. BTW, your kitty is so cute!

http://shineyglam.blogspot.com

rachel said...

ohh, i've always wanted to read the tipping point! glad to know that it's worth the read. and the macbook! eee! nice. i want to get one when my laptop dies...not soon enough.

paislea said...

awe! i'm so glad you have a mac book. i just have a little guy. my boyfriend has the mac book pro. and we love them!!!

i feel like such a trendy person sometimes. i walk around with tattoos, mac books, iphones, and coffee. hahah.. but it's so lovely!

allisterbee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Lucky you! Macs are so expensive! :(

Chelsea said...

Oooo I'm getting a macbook pro! Which one did you get? I'm thinking the 15inch!

:)

Meg said...

Lucky you for that MacBook!:) You're right we can always make a difference!

God bless.

Sarah said...

Jealous of your MacBook!

Such a cute blog. :)

Betsey said...

ooh i just got a macbook pro as well, it is so so nice! i love it.
and captivating is SO great! I am jealous that you get to discuss it with your friend. I read it before any of my friends and am still trying to persuade them to read it. it really was so helpful and wonderful to read. i feel due to read it again actually. thanks for this post :) :)

Candice said...

Macbooks are so much fun aren't they?? I really am loving mine! Yay to all of you Apple users! :)
Chelsea, I have the 13 in but the 15 is super amazing too!
Betsey, yes read it again!! I've found that each time something new jumps off the page.
Paislea you are quite trendy, dear! Love it!

Thank you for all the sweetness you leave here, girls! You're all so wonderful!

MariaKristela said...

I love Malcolm Gladwell! I have read The Tipping Point and Blink. Really really good books. :)

I’m a new follower. Hope you can visit my blog and follow me back. Thanks!

http://oh-my-maria.blogspot.com/

Back to Top